19.1.04

The Microsoft Saga

[Act I: The News]
Friend calls me saying that he may have a job for me. "I've recommended you for the position and I told them that you're my first choice for the job."

[Act II: The First Waiting]
Waited for more than one month before they finally called me.

[Act III: The Call]
+ "Can you come down for an interview on the 5th?"
- "The 5th sounds good."
+ "The 5th it is then. Morning or afternoon?"
- "Afternoon."
+ "OK then. We'll see you on 2.00 p.m. on the 5th."
- "Thanks."

[Act IV: The Pre-Interview Jitters]
"Oh my God.... What if I screw it up?!"

[Act V: The Interview]
To self: "I thought there was supposed to be only one interviewer? And why are they teaming up on me like this? Ohgodiamsonervousiamsonervousiamsonervous."

"OK. If you pass this round, the next round will be sometime next week." (With very strong emphasis on "if").

[Act VI: The Second (And Worse) Waiting]
"Dammit! Why was I so fecking nervous? I'm never gonna get past the friggin' first round!"

[Act VII: The Rejection]
+ "Hey, have you heard anything about the job? I haven't heard from them yet and it's Thursday. Is that bad? I'm not sure if i should start worrying yet or if I should wait another week."
- "Hey, I'm afraid it's bad news. They're having the final round of interviews today and you didn't get in. They said you were too nervous during the interview."
+ ("Yeah, tell me something I don't know.") "Oh well.... Dammit!"
- "Sorry, bro. Don't worry, just because they don't think you're qualified for this job doesn't mean you're not qualified for other jobs. I'll keep you posted."
+ "Thanks, man. Lemme know if you hear anything. Sorry for letting you down."
- "Hey, man, don't worry about it."
+ "OK. Well, thanks."
- "Yeah, thanks."
*click*

No comments: