20.4.04

We live in interesting times

Was at the office earlier when a convoy of fire engines and ambulances screamed past the window. Turns out, that a portion of the highway near my old office collapsed. (My new office is about 15 minutes away from my old office). The first thing that people thought was that it was a terrorist attack. What happened, though, was that a tunnel they were excavating for the new train line collapsed, and the stress proved too much on the surrounding area. The traffic jams are gonna be pretty bad for a while, I guess. There were massive blackouts in the surrounding area, too.

Weird thing is, my ex-colleagues from the old office had no idea what was going on until I told them. Talk about the typical ignorant Singaporean. :P

Another thing, my flat is near yet another construction site for the same tunnel. Woah... that can't be good. :\

No comments: