26.4.04

Little Blessings

Today was shaping up to be a hellishly hot day. When I went out of my room this morning, I was struck by a wall of heat that seemed to emanate from every single object around me. The sun not so much a warm yellow, but a steel-hot white. I had to steel myself and plunge into the boiling sea of air to reach the meagre coolness of the shower. Stepping out of the house, I knew this was going to be a long and arduous day for me.

And then the sky suddenly darkened and a light rain fell like a gentle mist upon the scorched earth.

Thank goodness for little blessings. :)

P.S.: The office was also peacably quiet today. (Especially since that loud, annoying cow is not here today. Let's hope it stays this way for a while). Yet another little blessing. This turned out to be one of the better Mondays, after all.

No comments: