9.10.04

I need help

So here's what happened. My genius landlord decided to cut the phone line at the house on Tuesday night without asking me, because he "wasn't using it".

The same phone line that I was using for my ADSL connection.

The same phone line that I told him I needed for my ADSL connection.

So I was stuck without an internet connection at home. Which would've been OK, except for the fact that the office where my new project is has NO internet connection either. So I went to apply for cable internet on Thursday.

The girl at Starhub told me that the connection will be up by the time I reached home that night. But of course, this being me, it didn't. I called up tech support to check the status of my connection, and I was told that there is a minimum of 24 hours before the connection is activated.

That was when the shakes started...

So the next day I went to Starhub again to ask why my connection wasn't active then. Turns out there was a "problem" and that my connection will only be activated on Saturday morning.

At this point, I was so desperate that I would've probably given literally anything for a bit of bandwith. Luckily, Oktoberfest was on that night in Paulaner Brauhaus, so me and a buncha friends went there. That helped ease the pain a bit, and by the time I got home I was so tired I went straight to bed, and woke up this morning with a screaming hot internet connection.

WOOHOO!!!!

2 comments:

Emil said...

*hugs*

i totally know how that feels like...

Omega said...

Hey there, li'l bro!

Being internet-less is not fun, innit?