23.5.04

I have lost something very dear to me

On Wednesday night, I stayed back at the office to finish up on some work, and I had to take a cab home. I got off the cab, went to the Cheers store nearby to get a drink, before turning in. When I got out of the store, I realized that I've dropped my Zippo. In a panic, I retraced my steps, hoping that it might have dropped along the way, but of course it wasn't there. I called up the lost and found department, and when they asked me if I have the taxi number, I told them that I didn't.

But the thing is, of course, I did.

I only realized the next morning, when I was in the shower, that I do have the taxi number. Since the company is paying for my taxi fare, I asked for a receipt before I got off. And the taxi number, of course, was on the receipt! I quickly got out of the shower and called them up again, giving them the taxi number. Of course, by this time it was too late, but I was still holding on to that sliver of hope. But, of course, as the way thing always go, the driver couldn't find it. My Zippo, the one that my friends gave to me for my 21st, the one with my name etched on the side.

I can't help banging my head over it, especially over how stupid I was. If I'd remembered about the receipt before I went to bed, I could've at least had a better chance of getting it back. (Plus, I did stay up pretty late that night, worried as I was. Think I turned in at about 3.00 a.m.).

So now, I am Zippo-less and feel like a total bloody idiot. Not a very good way to start the weekend.

P.S.: Seems like Blogger has a new interface. Kinda like the old one better, not too many tabs to click, and you can do everything from one page. Ah well... such is the price of progress (and marketing).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lighter personalized zippo
lighter personalized zippo
Zippo and NiBO Lighters at 20% to 40% off retail!

Collectibles International offers the entire Zippo catalog
online at discount prices. This includes Zippo lighters,
Harley Davidson® lighters Black Ice Zippo lighters and gift sets,
Zippo Multi-Purpose Lighters, and Zippo accessories.
lighter personalized zippo