6.10.02

Life Or Something Like It

"Things happen.
Things you never see coming.
Then you think afterward: If I'd known this, would I have changed things?
Would I have done more?
Or would I be thinking: 'I need more time?'"

-- Lanie Kerrigan (Angelina Jolie), Life Or Something Like It

Just finished watching the show Life or Something Like It. It's a really good show, and it got me thinking...

What would I do if I had just one week to live? Or even, like in Tuesdays With Morrie, which, incidentally, is a really good book, what would I do if I had only one day to live? What would be the perfect day?

If I had one week to live, I'd travel. Go to all the places that I've always wanted to go, take in the sights, try to remember every single detail, and burn it into my memory. Take long walks all around the cities and villages and mountains and beaches and forests and lakes, and just drink in everything.

And on my last day on earth, I would wake up early in the morning, go to the beach, and watch the sun rise. Then I'd take a walk to a nice little seaside cafe, and have breakfast there, watching the world wake up. I would then go to town, and sit down in a cafe, have lunch, sip on cappuccinos, and watch the world go by, looking at all the faces, guessing what each of them felt. And in the afternoon, I'd go for a stroll in a park near a lake, and watch the sun set behind the mountains across the lake while sitting on the top of a hillock that slopes gently down all the way to the lake. And then, in the evening, I would get in touch with all the people that I love, have them all come over for a nice dinner, and then after dinner I would sit down with each one, look each of them in the eye, etch their faces in my memory and tell them that I love them.

Now the question is: What would you do? :)

No comments: