29.3.04

Learning the lingo

So, I bought a whole bunch of self-study language thingies yesterday. Kinokuniya was having this $10 off language packs promotion thingy, and I just couldn't resist. I got French and German for myself, and Esther asked me to get the Italian pack for her. And after that, I went to Borders to pick up the Spanish pack (which was the one I really wanted, anyway), because Kino ran out of the CD version of it.

So now, I have 4 languages to learn. (If I can somehow find the time to do it. Got a book to finish and return to the library. Plus my friend is plying me with really good books to read; but, hey, I'm nothing if not flexible. I've been known to read up to 4 books at the same time.). Anyhoo, I've already started listening to the Spanish CD yesterday. Kinda hard to follow without the book, so basically I have to sit with my hand on the keyboard, ready to rewind anytime I missed something. But that's ok. It's kinda fun when you think of it.

Plus, hopefully, I'll be able to watch El Mariachi without subtitles soon.

No comments: